Training Programmes on Autism
This page contains details of some training programmes on autism within the UK.
It does not contain details of individual courses or of programmes outside the UK as we do not have the resources to list these.
If you know of any other programmes we should include in this section please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Autism Connect E learning - online modules that cover a range of topics including autism awareness, amxiety and autism, and autism and developing independence. FREE.
British Psychological Society
The Society has developed three e-learning modules on autism, which appeal to a range of learners by delivering knowledge and understanding from introductory to specialised levels.
- Building awareness of adult autism - online course that aims to explain what it is like to have autism, how people with autism see the world, and how you can support someone with autism. FREE.
- Supporting adults with autism - online course that aims to help you learn more about autism, how it affects people and how you can support adults with autism. FREE.
- Working with adults with autism - online course aimed at professionals with some understanding of autism and designed to develop knowledge and skills for working with adults with autism experiencing psychological and mental health problems. Charges apply.
National Autistic Society
- Ask Autism - online training course run by the National Autistic Society, developed and delivered by people on the autism spectrum. Charges apply.
- NAS training and consultancy services - the National Autstic Society run a number of training and consultancy services aimed at professionals. Charges apply.
NHS Education Scotland
Royal College of General Practitioners
Skills for Care
- Skills for Care and Skills for Health have developed a framework to guide the delivery of autism training for the mainstream health and social care workforces.
- Quick link:
- 17 Jul 2015